Built in 1941, 2611 Shenandoah is an elegant Cape Cod nestled in the heart of Northgate Park. It's a bright, sun-filled home that boasts 1,460 sq.ft. of space, 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms, freshly refinished hardwood floors, a wood-burning fireplace and a surprisingly large amount of storage space. A two-storey detached garage conveys with the home, the perfect space for a woodworking shop, getaway space or simply for storage.
The Big Picture
Houses simply aren't built this way anymore. Character abounds, with details such as the stained glass window, exposed beams, curved arch entryway and the cleverly designed shoe closet serving as tangible proof of an era when home builders cared more about their craft than the bottom line.
• Within minutes of downtown Durham, I-85, Hwy 147 and Duke University and Duke University Hospital System, but tucked far back enough from the interstate and major roads to be isolated from traffic noise.
• A 2 minute walk to Northgate Park, 4 minute walk to the dog park and less than 10 minutes on foot to the Museum of Life and Science and Edison Johnson Recreation Center.
• Exterior siding and interior walls freshly painted.
• Granite countertops and new cabinets in the kitchen.
• Electrical system just inspected and passed by a master electrician.
• Water heater replaced within the last half a year.
The Little Things
The details and nuances that you don't think of until you live in a place, but wonder how you could live without once they're there.
• There are AC outlets within reach in every space in this home, an unusual feature for a home of this vintage.
• It's one of the few homes in Northgate Park with off-street parking for two or more cars. The parking pads are located side-by-side, so you don't have to keep backing your vehicles in and out when one of you wants to leave the house. That deep driveway will easily accommodate three vehicles, for a total of up to 4 vehicles. 5, if you live on the edge.
• Gas stove for the serious cooks among us.
• A street lamp is located directly in front of the house, providing a sense of security at night.
• The dormers provide lots of light upstairs and also add to the amount of storage space for your treasures.